The building of the Faculty of Theology
Loading google map. Please wait!
19 Sveta Nedelya Sqr.
The Faculty of Theology at Sofia University was built in St Nedelya Square after the design of architect Friedrich Grunanger. Construction work began in 1908 but the building was officially unveiled as late as 1923. The ample stone ornaments of the capitals, the entrance portal, the ciboria and the interiors were crafted by Italian architects Richard Hardy and Angelo Filoti and executed by Bulgarian artists Haralampi Tachev, Nikola Ganushev and Stefan Dimitrov. Nowadays the building is home to the Faculty of Theology and the Ecclesiastical History Museum.